Thursday, February 13, 2014

TRANSFERS!!!!

Hey everyone!

So this week is transfers and...*drumroll* I GET TO STAY IN LACION!!!! Sister Yap will be transferred back to Bohol where she will finish the training of Sister Lupisan. Sister Lange will be my new companion and I will be meeting her tomorrow. I'm excited to have a new companion, but she's my senior batch...and I'm not Bisdak yet...so I'm a little worried. But the Lord qualifies whom He calls, right??? I'm so happy I get to stay in Lacion. I seriously love it here. Siguro I'll just stay here the rest of my mission. There's so much work to be done and I love the area!

This week has been one of the neatest weeks ever. Monday night at our dinner appointment, one of our investigators asked me when he could start working with us. Whaaat?! Yeah. He's super curious about missionary work!!!

Then yesterday (Tuesday) yeah....coolest thing. So Sister Yap and I attained permission from President Tanner to head to the Temple and be present for the Temple Sealing of one of Sister Yap's best friends. WOW! Let me tell ya. That's the first time I've witnessed a live sealing and wow. I'm speechless. I didn't know anyone there - all friends of Sister Yap - but there is NO replacement for a temple marriage. "As long as you both shall live" is the saddest phrase I've ever heard. Anyways, it was a beautiful experience that I will always treasure.

Then, on the way out, I ran into a couple people! The first was Elder Warner, from the Cebu Mission. Finally, we cleared it all up and we are like 95% sure we're not related. At least not closely. Probably distantly...Then the second was a nindot couple of Elders who just happened to be Sister Riimai's Zone Leaders! It was great to get the update on her, but sad to hear that she went home about two weeks ago... :'(

The last person I ran into on my way out of the temple gates...the one and only ELDER ARCHIBALD!!!! The temple is apparently his area!!! It was great to see him and catch up with him a bit. It really made me miss my MTC District, though :/ 

Then an awesome time at the Bishop's house! The picture attached is from the party-party that went on there :D It was so awesome and Sister Olayo made this delicious squash flan that tasted similar to pumpkin pie, but better :D

And today...TEMPLE DAY!!! Temple twice in a row! Yeah, buddy!!! Probably the coolest temple session I've ever been a part of. Yeah, if you've been lately, you probably know why ;) It's awesome.

Later, we're going to print some pictures, go to an SA activity (farewell party to Sister Yap) and then a dinner appointment at our beloved President Asuncion's house. Oh, did I forget to mention that he met David Archuleta?! Yeah, that's right. I saw the pictures ;D

This Saturday I'm headed back down to Lahug for the YSA Conference here in Cebu. So to all of you awesome missionaries in the Cebu Mission, I hope to see you there!

Sorry, only have gamay time to email due to the busy schedule we have for today. But I love you all!

Amping,

Sister Warner

 

No comments:

Post a Comment