Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Kamusta Kamo!!!

Kamusta Kamo?!

This week has been a blast and a half! Pastilan, I really love Lacion. Next week is transfers, and it's more than likely that I will stay here and Sister Yap will move on to her next adventure. And I really hope that's the case because I don't want to transfer! I've worked hard to memorize the area so that I can stay here! 

Alright. First the questions. 

1.What was a testimony building experience this week?  

This past week....my testimony has increased in so many ways. It does every day. But I guess my favorite was church on Sunday. When we had two investigators come! One of them, we've been waiting for for a long time. And they came! The whole family! And it was Fast and Testimony meeting - wow :D those are my favorite. Let me tell you, the Lacion 3rd Ward is amazing. Full of strong and amazing people. And as for our investigators, I hope it was exactly what they needed. I really hope. 

2.  What was a favorite moment this week?

My favorite moment...I got to play the violin! It's in the attached picture. That's me, with Sister A and her violin, and Brother G. One of our investigators. This kid is amazing, let me tell you. He got here just over a week ago from Ilo-Ilo and he only speaks Ilonggo! And some Tagalog, too. And he speaks less Cebuano than I do. Teaching him is quite interesting - Sister Yap teaches in Tagalog and I teach in English...and we just pray that he understand. Most of the time he does :D He's very receptive! And he's living with his cousins now, who are very active in the church and RM's. I guess this also sort of answers question 3.

3.  What was a trial this week and how did you overcome it?

Our first lesson with Brother G. The trial was not him, because he's amazing. The trial was the language barrier! How did we overcome it?! Pen, paper and LOTS of pictures. Yeah :D put my second-grade art skills to the test! And I think it passed :D

So we got a couple of new investigators...two of them were stolen from the Lacion 2 Sisters. It's a couple that moved over to our area from their area. Anyways, the guy is Dutch. Yeah, he's from Holland. And his primary language is Dutch! Followed closely by German (Where is Sister Hamson when you need her?!?! Oh yeah, she's in the Cebu Mission! Pastilan!) And then English. No Visaya. It's good, though, because when we teach in English, I can help a lot more. His partner is a Pinay, so we teach her sa Visaya. And then Gerald. But we were able to track down some ward members who speak Ilonggo, so hopefully language won't be a barrier there any more. 

Other than that, the work just continues to progress! But man it goes by so fast. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. It's very true. The harder you work, the faster you go. And the transfer call comes in just a few days! NOOO! I'm really going to miss Sister Yap. She is so amazing. 

Anyways...I guess my interesting food of the week is Keso flavored Ice Cream. Yeah it was interesting. Actually it was pretty good! Especially when it's mixed with Ube or Strawberry. How do I know this? Because we were invited to a party-party this past Sunday at one of the members houses! A birthday party! Complete with cake and ice cream!

After eating tons there, we went to the Mondarte's for dinner! Yeah - lami kaayo siya! There was...eggplant? Yeah, I think it was eggplant, and it was sliced up just right that it looked like a bird - the stem looked just like a beak. So I asked what kind of bird it was and everyone was laughing - lol! Even me, especially once I found out that it wasn't actually a bird. After dinner, Sister M asked me: "Lami ang bird?" Haha they're so funny. I love them so much! Love the members here :D

Sorry about all the weird formatting that's going one. I don't remember how to work computers very well, so I can't fix it :/

Alright. Best wishes to everyone! Love you all :D

- Sister Warner -


No comments:

Post a Comment