Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's a Great Week!

First off, congrats to Daniel Florez!!! What a boss mission call. I'm super jealous! Hey Daniel: you're gonna love it!

Now to the good stuff...

I've been thinking a lot about love this week. And I realized that love is the glue that holds everything together. Like from the foundation of the world. It's kind of like this infinite concept that my mind doesn't really understand, but I can see glimpses of. Glimpses of our Heavenly Fathers love for us through His son. Glimpses of our Brother's love for us through His sacrifice. And glimpses of their love for all of us through blessings in our everyday lives. Anyways. Everything is based on love. "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Love God. Love His Son. And love our fellow brothers and sisters. Just love everyone. You will be so much happier and you will make others happier and they will love you in return because it's so much easier to love someone who already loves you. Anyways. Enough of that sentimental fluff. But hey, that's legit truth right there.

 My condolences to the Nielsen Family right now as they grieve over the loss of a loved one. Cory, I just want to remind you of our Savior's love for you. Right now, I wear His name on my chest and I'm striving to do and say what He would do and say. And I tell you I love you and I know He loves you. And He has wrapped His arms around you. And our Heavenly Father loves you. And they have created a wonderful plan for us to be happy - in this life and in eternity. We don't always know the reasoning behind the things that happen here - the trials we are given and the struggles we have to face. But I know it's divine. It comes from God. Just don't forget to include Them in your grieving process. I wish I could say more to help or comfort. Just know I love you and you're in my prayers. 

On a different note...So we have this investigator...actually we have this big family of investigators. Like the mom and dad, their four daughters, and the families of their daughters. Anyways, they all live pretty close so the other night when we were teaching the dad and mom (who we "tay" ug "nanay" which means mom and dad) we started hearing this religious music. Like hymns and stuff. And it was really cool. Anyways, so we didn't know where it was coming from, but then like we went to teach the daughter and her spouse and the music was coming from there! So we were enjoying the hymns and the daughter told us: "I always do this cuz papa likes it." It was so great! So that whole neighborhood gets to enjoy spiritually uplifting music every night :D
fdsfsafds

A couple of questions for the week:

1.   What are your plans for P-day?

Answer: Party! Just kidding. Today we're gonna go shopping and then get take-out pizza from Pizza Hut in SM, then we're going to deep clean our apartment before transfers!

2.   How is your Ilonggo language coming along?  

Answer: Wala! I only know like 2 words. But my Tagalog is getting better. Once I'm fluent in Visaya, then I can try to learn a bit more Tagalog. Most people here also speak Tagalog. 

3.   How often do you do a ward caravan?  (We have shared that idea and a lot of people like it!)  

Answer: They've been trying to do it once a month, but one of the members actually just told me that they might be stopping it. Which makes me sad because it's an awesome experience and it's effective. Especially for less-active youth. 

4.   What do you eat when you go to Jollibee?

Answer: Usually I just eat the Yum! Which is basically a burger with mayonnaise and fake cheese. I eat enough rice and sudan elsewhere :D so I don't usually it when I go out to eat.

5.   What was the best thing that happened this week?

Answer: The work! Sister Lange and I have worked really hard. And I love it!

Transfers next week! Gotta go enjoy the rest of my P-Day!!

Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment