Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Here is our first letter from Jayme - it came in the mail today!  Katie got it and was so excited!

Kamusta!

First off, please change my unit # on all my MTC addresses (blog, Facebook, email, etc.)  It is now 208.

Alright, so you know how I was 30 minutes late?  Well, I didn't have a host missionary or anything.  So I just left my luggage in the hallway.  I need a new suitcase maybe!  Find the warranty just in case because the stupid, brand-new suitcase won't roll at all!  I left a trail of black pieces from the wheel everywhere I went!  So I am going to see if someone here can replace the broken wheel; if not, I will need a new one.  

Did my CTR ring come?  Man, this language is hard!  Much harder and more guttural than I thought! Lots of the "kch" thing like the Germans do - it's weird!  Thank you for the "MTC Survival Kit"; I will enjoy it with my District.  Speaking of my District, they are awesome!  There are 10 of us - we have one Elder from Australia and one from New Zealand and two sisters from ????    ............   Tarawa, Kirabati!  Mom and Dad, you may want to rethink a mission there - that language is CRAZY!   If aliens in movies spoke a word-based language, it would be that one! 

My Zone is crazy!  Tons of New Zealanders, Australians, some Tongans and Samoans, a sister from the Marshall Islands, and Elder from Micronesia and an Elder from Sri Lanka, who is super funny!  It's definitely diverse!  Taylor, I met two girls from China going to Temple Square - they were new to the U.S. and didn't speak any English so they had a translator and I got to listen to a lot of Chinese!  

My companion is Sister Grigg - she is awesome!  Not only does she play the violin and sing, but she's also a pescatarian, she runs, she is super spiritual and very prepared!  It's great!  She has this thing called heel spurs so yesterday (10/9) we went to the student health center and today (10/10) we are taking a shuttle down to see a podiatrist.... which is where we are now.  We might have to go to another place, we will see.  But guess what?  Our shuttle driver just got back from San Pablo, Philippines and we got to talk to him for a bit - yeah, I am so excited! He said all the fresh fruit is the best in Cebu.

Honestly, I thought I would be a little depressed and I was for a tiny second when I was about to reach for my phone and text mom what time I would be done last night, then I realized that it was real and I am NOT going home.  But I don't think it's FULLY hit yet.  Obviously, I am not in the field yet and the MTC is just plain fun!

Here is my District:  there is Sister Grigg and I (the only companionship where both are from the U.S.; she is from Springville).  Sister Grigg and I are the only ones going to the Cebu East mission; everyone else is going to Cebu.  Then there is Sister Rigg from South Jordan and her companion is Sister Tune [Too-nay] from Kirabati.  Sister Humson is from Salt Lake and goes to USU!  Her companiion is Sister Rembai who is also from Kirabati.  Then there is Elder Jacobs from Southern California; I think cousin Lori was his seminary teacher and his companion is Elder Lasi-Losa (it means Lazerus) from Australia - both are great!  There is also Elder Archibald from Canada and his companion is Elder Ellis, the Kiwi (New Zealand).  That's my District!  

So my whole District loves to sing!  Today during personal study we sang the "Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman" medley!  It was so, so cool!  We've decided that we're all singing in the MTC choir.  Also, we've decided that during our second personal study, we would share what we learned in our first personal study.  It was so spiritual; everyone shared really cool stuff.  I feel so under-prepared!  I wish I knew more!   These experiences are awesome, but I wish I had more to share!

Oh mom, we forgot to pack my towel in the MTC suitcase.  I just pulled one out of the Philippines suitcase and I am using one of those, so don't send me one!  I will be fine!  

We are still at the podiatrist and Sister Grigg has these little sockie things that she has to wear on her feet.  She has a tight Achilles tendon and it caused the bone spurs.  Hopefully it will work out soon!

Alright:  so the best way to describe the MTC right now is "organized chaos"!  We'll see how it goes after Sunday!  On Sunday evening, my District will be singing in the choir and I am so excited!  Please tell Camilla that one of my name tags is magnetic and is super cool!  They give you two - where do I order one that has my mission on it like dad's?

Tonight was awesome; everyone got up and talked about themselves and bore testimonies at our first Zone meeting with our Branch Presidency.  It was so neat!  Many serving are first generation members who gave up some sort of amazing opportunity to put the Lord first.  Even just within my own District.  Our District Leader, Elder Ellis (the Kiwi) was playing for a pro-basketball team in New Zealand; Elder Archibald (Canadian) gave up baseball after placing 2nd in a Canadian competition.  Elder Lasi-Losa was performing in Australia's version of "off Broadway" in a production of Hairspray.  It's crazy, really!

Okay, gotta go!  I have an appointment with the Lord in 7 minutes.  Just know that I am having the time of my life!  The language is hard, the Lord is good.  I love my companion and my District and my Zone!  Love you guys!  Sort of miss you, but I don't have time to think about it!  No, just kidding! - I do love and miss you!

Love,

Sister Warner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment